small memories of fading rain

small memories of fading rain


http://nirmalamayurpatil.blogspot.in/search/label/var%E1%B9%A3%C4%81




rain is evaporating from the earth
with it, i'm learning to ebb.

.

it’s a balmy afternoon
i wear it's hush like a shawl around me
and sit watching the mid-day sun reflected on our balcony floor.
clouds float by, softening its blaze,
making it feel more moon like.
a moment turns into many.
i stay there as if i belong in it.
in those moments.

slowly, the sun and all those moments disappear behind a pillar's shadow.
and it's time for me to return
to the calendar on my lap. to this week.
to all the preparing, celebrating
and mithai making.
as the festival of my heart approaches.

.

the sun is melting behind the hills
as i stand watching from my balcony
it is as if the sun doesn't go down
but goes in
turning me gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment